I had a great three-day weekend! I spent it camping/glamping in the mountains. There's a great family-oriented campground that has lots of things for kiddos to do. My family joined my parents and my brother's family. It was a really, really nice weekend!
While I loved spending time with my family and taking a break from my "normal" routine, I found that I made good decisions only part of the time.
My not so good food choices included:
- One scoop of ice cream
- One soft taco with the tortilla
- NUMEROUS rolls with spaghetti (seriously..I lost count)
- Three chicken salad sandwiches (if you tasted this chicken salad, I think you'd want some too!)
- Two to three deviled eggs
My more healthy/thoughtful choices included:
- Limiting my ice cream to one scoop instead of two (it was buy one scoop get one free!)
- My second taco was naked (sans tortilla)
- The spaghetti was made with noodles (zucchini noodles)
- The third chicken salad sandwich of the weekend was made with one slice of bread cut in half.
- I walked around the campground rather than taking a ride.
It was a challenging weekend, I will admit. I had yummy food at my fingertips. Most decisions were conscious. While most decisions were conscious, that didn't automatically make them healthy. I rationalized some of the unhealthy choices by considering the healthy ones I had made or would make the rest of the weekend.
I'm not weighing myself until tomorrow. I'll know the damage then. I'll process it all tomorrow.
Be open to what comes.