For those that know me, you know I'm pretty honest. If you've been following this blog for a while, you know I'm pretty candid. I don't lie or fake well, at all!
So, time for some pure honesty and transparency...
I have been struggling recently with whether to keep this blog going.
I've been blogging now for 110 consecutive days. While Conscious Diaries was intended to be a 365 day project, I'm not sure I want it to be anymore. Part of me would love to blog daily. The other part of me would like to take time to do other things.
As I ponder a change, I thought I would just type of stream of consciousness today of all the questions coming to mind:
- What's the value of writing a blog entry every single day?
- Who am I writing for? Me, my daughter, others?
- Is anyone reading my blog posts? If so, are they getting any value?
- Even if I do have readers, how much does that even matter? How would it impact my decision?
- Can I still accomplish my goal for Conscious Diaries by blogging 2 to 3 times a week vs daily?
- Can I still accomplish the goal by blogging only once a week?
- Can I still accomplish the goal by blogging whenever I feel like it and not committing to a time frame?
- How does accountability play into this for me?
- How successful will I be at continuing to practice consciousness daily without the accountability of the blog?
- What am I sacrificing by blogging daily?
- What's the impact on my family if I continue blogging daily?
- How will my quality of life change by not blogging every day?
- What will I be able to do with the time I gain back if I stop blogging?
- How would those "new" things I get to do serve me or my family?
- How does my intuition play into this?
I'm going to stop there for now. I am sure many more questions will arise as I pursue this further. We'll have to see where this goes. I will also consider answering these questions, and others, in the blog posts to follow.
I know this approach will help guide me to my next steps.
Be open to what comes.