In recognition of it being mid-way through 2017, I thought it would be a good idea to assess my progress thus far for the year. I'm curious as to how my mind mapping and vision board have contributed to what I've actually focused on this year.
Starting with my mind-mapping exercise (reference Jan 2 post), I broke up the topics below by those that I've worked on vs those that still need some attention. I used category headings in front of each one (HW = Health/Wellness; BB = Business & Blog; FM = Family; and ME = Me Time; HM = Home) to relate them back to the mind-mapping exercise.
- HW: Get monthly massages
- HW: Drink more water
- HW: Sleep at least 6 hours p/night
- HW: Experimented with essential oils
- BB: Follow thought leaders
- BB: Read more books
- BB: Learn more about Canva
- BB: Blog daily
- FM: Build in dedicated time to spend w/ family
- FM: Find balance with job, business, blog, and family needs
- ME: Don't feel guilty
- ME: Buy some cute clothes
- HM: Make spaces pretty
- HM: Make spaces functional
- HM: Eradicate clutter
- HM: Organize
- HW: Try new healthy recipes
- HW: Count calories
- HW: Lose weight
- HW: Workout regularly
- HW: Morning/evening stretching
- BB: Develop coaching website
- FM: Incorporate more sillyness
- ME: Schedule time with friends
- ME: Meditate regularly
Most of the items from my mind map are repressed here. I didn't list two items from BB because I have decided not to pursue changes to the blog.
Overall, I feel I was pretty honest above. If I've started on something or completely attained it, it's listed in the top list. If I've yet to start or my effort was lame, then it's on the bottom list.
Quantifying the list helps me see how I'm doing. It also allows me to see my biggest area of struggle. And I can confirm that health/wellness is my biggest area for improvement.
I think it's safe to say the mind mapping exercise worked to get my head in the right place for things I wanted to focus on this year. My top list contains nearly 50% more than the bottom list. And, I still have half the year left! I think I'm doing great so far!
How the vision board plays into this coming up...
Be open to what comes.